Sunday, March 22, 2009

Long Run

Ran Approx 8 miles (+/- a mile, I didn't measure)
Time: approx 50 min (by the microwave clock when I left)
Pace: 6.25 min/mi approx

This is the first fast long run I've done since the summer, though I did run a bit with Dad over winter break. First time I did a long run with the Five Fingers toe shoes on. My calves were really feeling it, but I think my speed speaks for itself. These things are fast! I wandered a bit too, jumping up and down piles of rocks, running through a beach a little, and I stopped to stretch some.

At the end, coming down a little hill, I noticed a guy in front of me speeding up. I thought it meant I was slowing, so I picked up my pace a bit to catch up, but as I got closer, he sped up again. So, being a red-blooded, sporting, male, I naturally sped up, and we ended up racing the last half mile or so, me in my toes shoes after having run 6 or 7 miles already, weaving to stay on the grass and dirt, him in normal shoes, on the asphalt. I kept up, I'm proud to say, and there was as definite exchange of glances as we went our separate ways. Physical competition, the universal language ;-)

(*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home