Monday, March 16, 2009

Back Squats (3/11/2009)

Tempo Run 10 mins
Light jog 20 mins
Overhead Squat no wt x10
Overhead Squat 55lb x10
Back squat 135 x10, 155 x10, 165 x10

I'm really excited with this. It is the first time I managed to squat more than my body weight, and considering the high reps and the fact that it was after a series of other squat sets, suggests that I'm nowhere near my max. I am reluctant to try much more over my body weight without a spotter to check my form and for safety's sake. Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with the results. Firefighter test is to be able to lift 170lbs on your back, so I think I'm good with that. I want to be able to carry an average human male, so I think I should aim for around 180 to 200 lbs, which doesn't seem out of reach at this point, especially if I only have to do it once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home